Do you need Ethics CEU’s for licensure, or are you just wanting to stay current?
The Juniper Center presents:
Advanced Clinical Ethics with Carol S. Goldbaum, PhD, LCSW
Please join us Friday, October 20, 2017
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
We will meet at our Park Ridge office:
1440 Renaissance Drive, Suite 320.
Three (3) State of Illinois CEUs are included in the cost of the event.
This workshop will focus on special issues related to potential ethical dilemmas for Mental Health Clinicians.
This is an opportunity to look at how we uphold the ethical standards of our profession, but it is not a legal workshop. Clinical examples will be utilized to highlight areas such as:
- Therapist/case manager client boundary issues
- When is it ok to see a client outside of the therapy session
- Managing dual relationships
- How do treatment plans effect how I deal with boundary issues in doing case management.
- When is it support and concern and when is it exploitation or dual relationship?
- Relationships with other providers including probation and parole officers
- Applying rules of confidentiality
- Client communication and record keeping
- Role modeling
- Professionalism without being aloof
- Therapists/case managers personal revelations in treatment of clients
- Special problems working with families
- Who is my client?
- What if there is a divorce?
- What are the limits to confidentiality?
- How do I keep records?
- Developing a decision based model
About the presenter, Dr. Carol Goldbaum
Dr. Carol Goldbaum is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Illinois and a consultant to various human service agencies and law firms. Currently in private practice at the Juniper Center and vice-Chair of the Age Options Advisory Council. She has been a member of the NASW Illinois Ethics Committee and The State of Illinois, Department of Financial & Professional Regulations, Social Work Disciplinary and Review Board, as well as Past President of the Illinois Chapter of NASW. She has been the Director of several mental health agencies and departments of social work in hospitals, as well as Clinical Associate Professor at Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois, Chicago.
We are licensed to provide CEUs for psychologists, social workers, counselors, and marriage & family therapists.
Due to the nature of this presentation, this is a paid event.
Early bird rate of $40 by Friday, October 6th.
Regular rate of $45, October 7th and after.
As seating is limited the first 25 responses will secure entry.
Please RSVP to:
or at 847-759-9110, ext.1.
Coffee. tea, pastries and fruit will be available.
Do still bring announcements, flyers and cards to pass. We never want to miss an opportunity to talk about our practices/organizations!
We hope to see you!