Mandated Reporter Training for Therapists
Please join us for our CEU Webinar Series
Friday, October 15, 2021, from 9:30-11:00 AM
Presented by Dr. Margo Jacquot, PsyD., Founder & Owner of The Juniper Center
The cost is $15, you will earn 1.5 CEUs, and counts towards fulfilling the mandated reporter requirement.
About the Presentation:
You’re in a situation with a child, a family, or an adult that causes you to pause and wonder what you need to do to help protect everyone involved. As we all know, therapists are mandated reporters. What we don’t always know is:
- What exactly does it mean to be a mandated reporter?
- What sorts of behaviors or reports do we need to respond to?
- Who do we call and how do we make a call?
- What can we expect when we call?
- What will a call do to our alliance with our client(s)?
- How can we best clinically handle a call with our client(s)?
- Can we NOT call if we think doing so is in the best interest of our client?
- What might happen to our clients and to us if we do NOT call?
- What exactly are our legal and ethical responsibilities?
Clinically and relationally, making a report can be a real challenge! We worry about what reporting means for our clients and for us. This workshop will help you be more aware and better prepared. It will also help you meet your requirement for employment, independent contractor and independent practitioner licensing regulations.
- Identify 3 situations in which they must report to child protective services.
- Discuss the clinical, legal, and ethical impacts of reporting and not reporting.
- Explain what can be expected when making a call to child protective services.
About the Presenter:
Dr. Margo Jacquot is the founder and Chief Care Officer of The Juniper Center, one of the largest woman-owned counseling and therapy practices across Chicagoland, with over 60 clinicians at 5 locations, and across the state of Illinois with Teletherapy. She is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Supervisory Addictions Counselor and Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress. She is a national lecturer on trauma recovery, substance abuse, LGBTQ issues, and working with couples. Margo hosts the podcast Your Mental Health Business Mentor, available wherever you listen to podcasts. Dr. Jacquot serves on the board of the Illinois Psychological Association, is Chair of the Women’s Issues Section and a member of the Ethics Committee.
NEW One-Step Registration/Payment Process:
Important Information – We have a new 1-step registration process for our Live Webinars. This process will enable you to register and pay at the same time using our new CEU Online School platform. After registration, you will receive a welcome email from CEU Online School.com confirming you are enrolled in the course and containing the link to join.
We will also send one reminder email 24 hours prior to the live webinar that also includes the link and instructions for joining the webinar.
We are licensed to provide CEUs in the State of Illinois for Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists.
This format has opened up the possibility for therapists from all over to attend. We always love meeting new people and appreciate welcoming returning friends as well. We hope that you can join us!