The Juniper Center for Gender and Sexuality was developed to provide informed, accepting therapy for individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, couples, and families of choice and creation. We know how it feels to have to hide a part of ourselves. At The Juniper Center for Gender and Sexuality, we are a diverse team of mental health professionals who welcome you to embrace who you fully are. We want you to feel understood, accepted, and safe to explore your authentic self. Whether you prefer to meet with a therapist who is a member of the LGBTQ+ community, or a therapist who is LGBTQ+ affirming, we can help.
A Safe and Supportive Space to Explore Your Authentic Self
- Exploring shame from having lived in a heterocentric/gender prescribing culture
- Therapy for LGBTQ families
- Therapy for adults and their parent(s), siblings, and/or other family members to develop understanding and a more positive relationship
- Past traumas that affect your ability to live the life you desire
- Issues related to how you live in your body and express your gender
- Common relationship struggles with a focus on understanding the more subtle differences of communication, desire for sex and intimacy, LGBTQ family structures, power, and money, etc.
- Relationship issues to include:
- differences in degrees of being out
- how you live and express your gender
- your desire to parent
- whether or not to participate in community
- whether or not you prefer monogamy or non-monogamy as part of your relational contract
- managing relationships with non-supportive families of origin
- managing non-supportive work or living environment
The Juniper Center for Gender and Sexuality
- Collaborative Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Individual, Couples, and Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Relationship Coaching
- Assessments and letter writing for those seeking sexual reassignment surgery
Support for Gender Identity Needs
Support for Transgender Individuals
Compassionate Care for Growth and Development
At The Juniper Center, we understand it takes courage to ask for help, and you don’t have to face your challenges, fears, or trauma alone. Using a combination of techniques at the forefront of neurological science and compassionate care, we empower our clients to live their best lives – free of excess worry, panic, and fear.
Contact a member of our team to schedule your no-obligation consultation today. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you on your journey.