Support to Accept Your Authentic Self
Therapy for LGBTQ+ people is designed to provide both individuals and their loved ones with the solutions and tools they need to thrive. We take great pride in cultivating an environment that is non-judgmental, supportive, and compassionate – where LGBTQ+ people can speak freely about the challenges and triumphs taking place in their lives. The Juniper Center for Gender and Sexuality was developed to provide informed, accepting therapy for LGBTQ individuals, couples, and families of choice and creation.
We know how it feels to have to hide a part of ourselves. At The Juniper Center for Gender and Sexuality, we are a diverse team of mental health professionals who welcome you to embrace who you fully are. We want you to feel understood, accepted, and safe to explore your authentic self. Whether you prefer to meet with a therapist who is a member of the LGBTQ+ community, or a therapist who is LGBTQ+ affirming, we can help.
What matters to you, matters to us.
Whether or not your struggles are related to your sexuality or gendering, our team of mental health professionals is here to assist you with whatever challenges you may be facing.
Counseling for LGBTQ+ People Can Help Address
- Exploring and accepting your authentic self
- Exploring gender identity and sexual orientation
- Processing transition
- Feelings of shame, confusion, guilt, or abandonment
- Coming out to friends and family
- Bullying, oppression, and discrimination
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
- Exploring shame from having lived in a heterocentric/gender prescribing culture
- Therapy for LGBTQ+ families
- Therapy for adults and their parent(s), siblings, or another family member to achieve a more positive relationship
- Past traumas that impact your ability to live the life you want to life
- Issues related to how you live in your body and express your gender
- And much more
Whether you are transitioning, coming out, or need help navigating this time in your life, our team of mental health professionals leverages their extensive experience and training to create individualized treatment plans to help our clients reach their professional, personal, and mental health goals. Our Center for Gender and Sexuality provides a wide range of services to help you and your loved ones during this transformative phase in life, including:
- Collaborative Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Individual, Couples, and Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Relationship Coaching
- Assessments and letter writing for those seeking sexual reassignment surgery
Support for Gender Identity Needs
While gender has predominantly been thought of as an either/or, boy or girl phenomenon, the world is evolving and inviting scientific and laypeople to re-think their understanding of what gender means. The sex of a person is based on physical characteristics present at birth. A person’s gender is considered to be based on that person’s perceived or felt identity.
Support for Transgender Individuals
When discussing gender we may be referring to a person’s gender identity, a person’s gender expression, or a combination of the two. Our gender identity includes how we see ourselves in the world.
Helping You Live Your Best Life
At The Juniper Center, we understand it takes courage to ask for help, and you don’t have to face your challenges, fears, or trauma alone. Using a combination of techniques at the forefront of neurological science and compassionate care, we empower our clients to live their best lives – free of excess worry, panic, and fear.
Contact a member of our team to schedule your no-obligation consultation today. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you on your journey.